Saturday, May 11, 2019

Our Hospital Maternity Tour

Hospital Entrance! See ya next month!
With our baby due the end of June, it was about time we take a tour of the place where all the fun begins. Childbirth is supposed to be fun, right?! Joking aside, I'm anxious and terrified...but I'm 100% certain that meeting our daughter will all be worth it.

I'd say that the benefits of working in a hospital setting is that I felt comfortable seeing all the medical equipment, delivery rooms, and medical staff wandering around. Being prepared makes me feel empowered, ready to get down to business! 

I'm also fully aware of how fortunate I am to be in a loving relationship with an involved partner and how that helps calm the nerves. As we get towards the end of baking this little bun in my oven, I've been doing my best to lead a stress-free life. I want baby to come into this world healthy and happy. And I think that begins with a happy, healthy mama. Self-care for me includes prenatal yoga, going on walks, and enjoying delicious (& nutritious!) meals. Anyone out there have suggestions for other forms of self-care? I'm open to ideas! 

Speaking of delicious meals: here's the one we had after our tour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment