Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Our Babymoon: April in New Orleans, Part 2/3

Cool Kids Having a Great Time!
New Orleans is a must for jazz lovers and we were lucky enough to spend a full day at the 50th anniversary of New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. We highly recommend it. Aside from Mardi Gras, it's one of the most popular times to visit NOLA and I can see why. Notable acts during our visit included Van Morrison and Al Green!

Make sure to wear comfortable footwear and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. The festival is held on a fair grounds/race course so expect to be out in the sun for a huge chunk of the day. We also saw plenty of people with camping chairs and picnic blankets- so smart! 

This was another day of less photo taking, more spending time together. All I have to show for the day is that hilarious gif of us at the AARP tent :) It's a far cry from our earlier music festival years at Bumbershoot, Lollapalooza, and Coachella. 

Concerts and music festivals have a special place in my heart. My husband and I spent so much of our dating years going to shows, dancing together and bonding over great performances. Coachella 2012 may be known to most as the Year of the Tupac Hologram but I will always remember it as the first time S told me he loved me. 

With this being our babymoon, it seemed appropriate for us to do something that we've always enjoyed. Whether it's a concert, spa day, cooking class, whatever- make time to do something that you love doing as a couple before baby arrives to remind you of why you've decided to become a parenting team. 

Thanks again for reading and stay tuned for my final babymoon post!

No comments:

Post a Comment