Thursday, May 9, 2019

Our Babymoon: April in New Orleans, Part 3/3

Waiting for the Preservation Hall Jazz Band to Arrive!
Lots of Beautiful Buildings in the French Quarter
My Talented Husband at Lafayette Cemetery #1
What's a visit to NOLA without a trip to the French Quarter, history lesson, and jazz show? S and I were lucky enough to walk through the French Quarter a few times on our visit (we caught a show at the famous Preservation Hall, ate yummy beignets at Cafe du Monde [!!!], and babygirl was gifted a set of beads by a kind stranger...haha.)

One of the most unexpectedly interesting places we visited on our last full day was the Lafayette Cemetery No.1 in the Garden District. At first, I thought it might be strange to do a walking tour of a cemetery while pregnant but this place holds so much historical value and interesting factoids, that I'm glad we got a chance to explore it! Our tour guide was funny, knowledgeable, and respectful. 

NOLA was truly a wonderful city and I'm glad I got to explore it with my best friend. Can't wait for our next adventure together: parenthood!

ANDDD...let's not forget po-boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment