Sunday, May 5, 2019

Destroybear

1/10,000 pictures of my sweet pup that you will find on my phone...photos don't do him justice- he was a real winner!
His name was Destroybear AKA Troyboy AKA Mr. Boy AKA Mr. Boyboy AKA Hey Buddy AKA Handsome Guy...

...the list goes on. Named because of his teddy bear face and tail that wagged so hard, it knocked down everything in its path.

And May 5th will forever be remembered as his adoptiversary.

I still remember the day I walked into the Everett Animal Shelter and met my new best friend. He was about 4 months old, super smiley, and had a lot to say. My silly little husky mix.

When my husband and I started dating, Troy really took a liking to him. If that wasn't a good enough sign, I don't know what is.

Troy was lovable, sweet, and one of the biggest sources of comfort in my life. I could fill pages and pages with stories about my boy!

In 2018, we unfortunately lost Troy to cancer at the age of 12 years old. My heart aches a little knowing that our babygirl won't be crawling all over him, getting slobbered on by his many kisses.

I count myself as one of the lucky people who have had the opportunity to establish a strong bond with a pet. For many of us, dogs (or cats, birds, reptiles, etc.) are family.

After Troy passed away, my husband and I started volunteering a local animal shelter. In addition to being therapeutic for us, it was a great way to give back to our community. There are so many sweethearts waiting for their person and dreaming of their forever homes. And even if you're not in the right place to provide that, I know they appreciate getting any piece of your love and affection!

Have you ever considered adopting a pet or volunteering for an animal organization? What are some other ways that you've given back to your community? I can't think of a time when I've volunteered and thought- hmm, that was a bad idea! I know that life can get hectic but it's always nice to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment