Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Some Staycation...

Waikiki sunset during our *real* vacation 10/2018.
When I was pregnant, people would always tell me how lucky I was to have a baby due in the summer because I'd be out of work, enjoying the sunshine! Wish I could say that was true but it's been a little over a month since I've become a mama and leaving the apartment is not easy! I have so much respect for single parents and stay at home caregivers. This work is HARD. Here are a few things I've learned to help myself cope with my new mommyhood:

1) RELAX. Try to breathe and not stress out too much (easier said than done when baby is crying and you can't figure out why..). Baby knows when you're stressed and it doesn't make it easier for anyone. Even the most hectic of moments pass. You'll be okay.

2) EAT. You need the fuel to keep up with this energizer bunny, especially if you're breastfeeding. 

3) SLEEP. Sleep when the baby sleeps- that is the best advice! Try to refrain from doing all the chores in the house, surfing on the internet, and all the other non-sleep activities you're tempted to do while baby is in dreamland (easier said than done when all you want to do is look at your cute newborn peacefully resting in their crib).

...Speaking of...my baby is up and ready for her next meal! 'Til next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment