Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Move It



The weather in NYC has been pretty hot but thankfully the mornings are a little cooler (around 70-80 degrees). E is over 6 weeks old and I've been cleared by my doctor to go back to my pre-pregnancy activities.

Being at home all day can be a little mind numbing so to help with my sanity, I've been going out for morning walks with the little one. Instead of pushing her in a stroller, I've been using a baby wrap (I like my Solly Baby best because it's lightweight and breathable). I also find it soothing for her and a little bit of weight lifting for me :).

Taking daily walks has been a great form of self-care for me. I've never been a super fit person but it's important to stay active to keep the postpartum baby blues away and to maintain my physical health. Any other suggestions for staying active while caring for a newborn? Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment