Wednesday, June 26, 2019

My Baby Shower 6/1/19


Remember before social media and the idea that if you didn't take a photo, it didn't happen? I'm definitely guilty of my share of 'Instagrammable' picture taking but this afternoon was just so special, I didn't even think to take out my phone. As a matter of fact, the photo above (S & I with our lovely hostesses) was taken at the very end of the day when the guests were gone and the packing up was almost over. 

Sometimes it's nice to just be present, in the moment. I have the best memories of this afternoon spent with an amazing group of ladies who wanted to shower me and babygirl with love. It was a lovely spring day with delicious food (preggo friendly deli sandwiches, salad, fruit, cake AND donuts!!!) and great company.

As you may notice, there was a slight rainbow theme to the shower- a dedication to my sweet rainbow baby who I now get to hold in my arms after experiencing the sadness and disappointment (...in life and myself...) of multiple miscarriages. 

I may not have a beautifully curated Facebook album to share but the memories of this sweet day live closely in my heart.

My hostess sent me this photo of the custom gold & rainbow themed lollipops- so pretty!


No comments:

Post a Comment